We believe that work experience can be valuable to learn about working life and the working environment. It can also help you make decisions about your career.
There are many different and interesting career paths within Housing. Through work experience we want to show you what career paths you could take with us.
What we can offer
We can offer different types of work experience with us:
- if you are a year 10 or AS/A level student we can offer a week
- if you are an undergraduate we can offer a long-term experience
You would be based at on of our Directorates or a mix of all three depending on your interests and availability of our staff.
Our Customers and Communities Directorate
- Customer Service and Lettings
- Neighbourhood Services
- Supported Housing
They have the most contact with our customers and help our customers keep their tenancy.
This can be through:
- give them with suitable homes
- help in managing and paying their rent
- sorting any neighbour disputes
- give any other help, such as sheltered accommodation
Our Resources Directorate
Work with our Resource Department would involve:
- Information and Communication technology
- Finance & Procurement
- Human Resources
- Governance including legal and translating
They include all the corporate or central services. The departments within this directorate give support to everyone in the company so that staff are able to do their jobs.
This can mean support through:
- advice by our HR team
- paying of invoices by finance
Our Assets & Infrastructure Directorate
- New Build & Development
- Repairs & Maintenance
- Property Inspections
- Compliance e.g. Asbestos, Gas
- Land & Facilities
They include all the building / construction work that we do and look after all our housing stock.
They make sure that our houses and assets meet the Welsh Government standard. This is where our in-house repairs & maintenance team are based.
Our Repairs and maintenance team include:
- roofing work etc. to our houses
- our New Build and contractor management teams