Reduce your bills and save energy
If your energy bills are too expensive, we have Energy Wardens that can help you:
- to reduce your bills
- reduce how much energy you use
Our Energy Wardens can help you for free.
How the Energy Wardens can help you
- help with using less energy at home
- Explain bills
- Explain tariffs
- Help you look for a better deal with a different company
- Help you change energy company
- Discuss your bills with energy companies
- Help you apply for grants
- Show you how to use your heating system effectively
Small changes can mean big savings
There are a lot of things you can do in your home to save you money and use less energy.
Try these, you’ll see the difference in your pocket!
These are just a few simple changes you can make.
Our Energy Wardens can help you with much more.
- put the tap off when cleaning your teeth
- take a shower not a bath, a 5-minute shower uses much less water than filling a bath
- put a filled plastic bottle in the cistern to reduce how much water you use
- fill your washing machine and dishwasher before putting it on
- contact us as soon as you see a leak in your home
- buy a water butt to collect rain water, you can use this to water your flowers instead of using tap water
- change to energy saving bulbs
- wash your clothes at 30 degrees
- reduce the temperature of your fridge
- close curtains in the Winter, this stops drafts and keeps the heat in your home
- making a cup of tea? If you’re only making one for yourself boil enough water for one
- defrosting your freezer twice a year can reduce costs by 10%
- use your washing line to dry clothes instead of throwing them in the tumble dryer
- putting your lights on and off a lot can use more electricity
- put your tv completely off, putting it on stand-by still uses electricity