Home Contents Insurance
Why do I need it?
We don’t cover your home contents as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.
Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind should the worst happen.
Pay as you go home content insurance scheme
We have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks who provide specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policies.
The scheme is a specialist insurance scheme provided by Thistle Tenant Risks.
All tenants living in social and affordable housing are eligible to apply.
The scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as:
- electrical items
Reasons to choose Pay As You Go Home Contents Insurance
• no excess (you don’t pay the first part of the claim)
• covers theft, water damage, fire and many more household risks
• covers tenants improvements (up to £2000 or 20% of the sum insured, whichever is the greatest)
• covers theft or attempted theft of contents in sheds, outbuildings and garages (up to £3,000)
• covers damage to external glazing for which you are responsible
• covers replacement and installation of locks for outside doors or windows and alarms, if keys are lost or stolen
• You don’t need to have special door or window locks (just a lockable front door
Who is this policy for?
Thistle Tenant Risks Contents Insurance has been designed to meet the demands and needs of social housing residents looking to purchase home contents insurance.
Thistle have approached a single insurer Ageas Insurance Limited. The cover is subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions contained in the Policy Wording, which you should read carefully.
If you are unsure whether this insurance policy is right for you please contact us.
How do I get more information?
If you’d like to apply for home contents insurance, you can do so by completing an application form.
These documents give you:
- important information on your rights
- how we deal with you and your insurance
- key information regarding the insurance cover
Please note that the insurance policy we provide is arranged on a non-advised basis.
This means that you will be provided with the key information to be able to make an informed decision on which cover is appropriate for your needs.
What to do if you have a complaint
It is always the intention to give you the best possible service.
But if you do have any questions or concerns about this insurance or the handling of a claim you should follow the procedure.
Thistle Tenant Risks is a trading style of Thistle Insurance Services Limited. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.